Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I'm trying really hard here...

...Can you tell?

I just read somewhere that in order to be truly happy, you must DECIDE to be happy. It has less to do with circumstance and more to do with your state of mind.

My state of mind keeps sliding back into unhappy. But I'm still trying. I'm working really hard at staying happy. Even though my thoughts keep wandering backwards into nasty little thoughts. I keep erasing them from my mental blackboard and trying to replace them with positive thoughts.

So I now will list 5 positive things. Things that I can concentrate on, to stay on the sunny side of life.

1. My family and I are all very healthy right now. Thank God. It means a lot, especially after last year.

2. I am approaching broke, but not quite broke yet. Which means I still have plenty of options -- like using coupons and spending less instead of getting a job. And by acting now, I can probably prevent it from sliding into really broke. I'm being PROACTIVE. I'm not going into debt.

3. I have a lot of freedom to persue my creative side. I can practice my violin, and paint, and write, as much as I like. After I go to Shop Rite and pick up the groceries.

4. My husband and I are still getting along pretty well. Our anniversary is on Valentines day -- we'll be married 19 years, is that right? I don't do the math very well. And we haven't killed each other yet. In fact, we still tolerate each other quite well. Usually.

5. It's been quite nice out. It might be nice if it snows once, but I'm really liking this warm weather!

See, that wasn't hard. That's a lot of things to be happy about. I have to try to stop the evil voice in my head from the nasty comments that make me unhappy.

2 comments:

Niall young said...

And you can add one other thing!..strange people from strange distant lands read your words and smile!..fancy that!

Anonymous said...

Here goes...five positive things....
1. Kelly took two steps yesterday.
2. Sabrina is feeding herself more often.
3. I have a really great husband.
4. We have a beautiful house, albeit it is very messy.
5. I love my family.

That didn't hurt at all. Anyone else want to try.
Beth