Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Before and after, so far

I love to take photos of the progress at the cabin, but I don't want to keep posting photos on Facebook, I feel like I'm bragging.  But since hardly anyone ever looks at this blog anymore, I can put them here :)  The blog is more like a journal than Facebook is.  Facebook is more like a conversation with your friends and acquaintances.
Kitchen, before
Kitchen, after
There are a lot of differences, but not a lot of differences.  We haven't spent that much money on this place.  We are using hand-me-downs and cast off stuff, and repurposing things.  A lot of the improvements might not be noticeable - we started out with no electricity and no water, and now have electricity AND hot and cold running water!  Woo hoo!  That makes a huge difference! 
Kitchen, before
Kitchen, after.. a little messy :)
Some of the "improvements"- knick knacks and decorations - aren't really that great.  What can I say, I collect stuff!  It makes it feel more homey to me, at least.  But it's not everyone's cup of tea.


Fireplace, before
Fireplace, after
My parents bought us both the wood stove and the kitchen stove :) which was a lovely thing for them to do.  Frank moved the stairs and added the railing upstairs because we thought it was MUCH SAFER that way... did the previous owner really have no railings?  Wow...


This end was painted this weekend.  It makes a HUGE difference.
Living room looking towards kitchen, before
Living room looking towards kitchen, after
Bathroom, before
We didn't have much to do in the bathroom... except for plumbing and a new hot water heater... and I like our "new" cabinet more than the old one that was in here.  And we are adding an outdoor shower too...

Bathroom, after


Bedroom, before
This is also something that got painted this weekend.  We still have a lot of painting to do upstairs.  Free paint is good paint!!!  I really like the way it looks, nice and cozy!

Bedroom, after


Bedroom, before
Bedroom, after
Bedroom, after
Bedroom, before

No comments: