Friday, February 16, 2007

A Very Quiet Day

I'm sitting here by myself listening to old Springsteen. It's a very quiet day -- which isn't unusual lately, I've been more and more of a hermit, especially now that it's cold out. I hate getting up and getting dressed and leaving the house in the cold, it's been a lot better to just sit here and stay cozy in my pajamas with my cup of tea and my music.

But it's especially quiet today because the thundering horde of teenagers all went skiing -- they have no school, so Mike took the whole crew to a ski mountain like three hours away. So my peace and quietness won't be ending at 2:30 like it normally does. And since there is no school, I don't have work either. So there may be absolutely no reason to get dressed at all today.

Or, on the other hand, maybe I should make an effort to get out of the house for a while, because I don't have to come home until 5:00 or so for Thor.

It's beautifully bright and sunny out, but I think that the weather is faking it -- the sun isn't really too warm, I don't think. And I can hear the wind gusting around pretty fiercely. It seems to be just too cold to go somewhere outside, and the indoor places -- malls or whatever -- don't seem like much fun. I hope the boys didn't forget their ski gloves and face masks. If it's cold here, it'll be even colder skiing down a mountain!

I'm looking forward to warm weather, myself.

2 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Nice to have such quiet days.The whole chunk of time to yourself, to do exactly as you please sounds like a big luxury to me.I always cherish it.

Niall young said...

Got up to answer the door in my pyjamas..that's funny I thought..I didn't know my pyjamas had a door!