Thursday, June 07, 2007

What I did on my Memorial Day Vacation

Frank and I, the boys, and my nephew went to Lums Pond State Park in Delaware. It was a really nice place. It was more spread out than the commercial campground we normally go to. The sites were nice, too.

There was a pond (obviously -- the name was Lums Pond, right?) and the boys were able to fish and play around as much as they wanted to. Yes, even my 16 year old likes to PLAY sometimes. Don't tell his friends! There was a fallen tree that was just the perfect fort, or castle, or whatever.

And of course we had a campfire.

We also went horseback riding, and the boys went kayaking -- not me, though! -- and there was a remote control air field that was really interesting. The weather was perfect, and I brought a little wading pool to keep cool in. It was a good set up, all in all, a quiet but enjoyable weekend.

2 comments:

Rayne said...

This sounds so wonderful. Sorry I haven't been commenting. Hit a low spot for a while but I'm feeling better now.

Preeti Shenoy said...

Wow! Looks like you really had a great time.