Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Jump rope update

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


A surprising number of people were happy to hear that I was playing jump rope during aftercare. I thought you would all be happy to know that today I was actually able to jump for almost a whole rhyme. Two girls turned for me, and they sang
"Blue bells, taco shells, evie, ivy, OVER... I like coffee, I like tea, I like the boys and the boys like me... yes, no, maybe so..." And I managed to jump the whole time. After I finally missed, I got a standing ovation from practically every kid on the playground. (I was proud of myself!)

A few interesting things about jumping rope at 43:
-- my belly flops around a lot more than it did when I was little!
-- I think the rhyme was blue bells, COCKLE SHELLS -- but rhymes change!

3 comments:

Rayne said...

Yay! That is fantastic! I don't think I could make it to easy, ivy, over.

Beth said...

I would have paid to see that.
and yes it was a cockle shell.
Beth

Anonymous said...

A standing ovation from kids that were already standing on the playground! Impressive in a curious kind-a-way.

I think I have figured out what all those kids love about you. Even though you’re a rules person, they know they can get to you through your warm, soft and chewy center!

You’re sort of like fudge. And I know you like being like fudge. I am, on the other hand, much like Beef Jerky. Insert your own joke here _____. Spicy when you don’t expect it. Sometimes too much work to deal with, yet mostly flexible.

I come in handy when camping, but you would never serve me at a wedding reception. Then again, you wouldn’t be offered camping or at a wedding.

I want to buy a jump rope. And go camping. With fudge.