Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thursday WITH words.

Wow, wordless Wednesday was harder than I expected. I really wanted to write something. But then it wouldn't have been wordless Wednesday, would it have?

Anyway, I wanted to mention what a celebratory week this has been. I've never seen so many holidays jammed together in one week.

Think about it. Over the weekend, it was Groundhogs Day. I heard that Punxstawney Phil, the Groundhog, did whatever he needed to do -- see his shadow, or not see his shadow -- in order to make spring come faster. GO PHIL!

Then, Sunday was Superbowl Sunday, celebrated widely throughout the USA by watching football and EATING.

And I believe that the Monday following the superbowl really SHOULD be a legal holiday. No one should have to work that day.

Tuesday was Fat Tuesday, part of Mardi Gras. I was plenty fat, thanks for asking. I even got some Mardi Gras beads when we went out to eat. And no, I didn't have to lift up my shirt for that, thank goodness!

Then, Wednesday was Ash Wednesday -- part of Lent, time to give stuff up. I'm starting my diet. Don't tell anyone, I'm cranky and I don't want to talk about it.

Today, Thursday, is Chinese New Year; I believe it is the year of the Rat.

I'm not sure what holiday is tomorrow, but Friday is always a holiday, isn't it?

2 comments:

Beth said...

any the biggest holiday of all....the girls turned four on Wednesday....always a big day in the Breden household.

and don't forget Super Tuesday...did you vote in the primary....

Anonymous said...

I found a holiday for February 8th!

February 8th is the anniversary of the founding of the Boy Scouts of America. It was founded on February 8, 1910. Sue this is a holiday you should be celebrating!!! And for all of you non-scout (are there any???) February 8th is also Nirvana Day is a Mahayana Buddhist holiday celebrated in East Asia. It celebrates the day when the Buddha achieved Parinirvana, or complete Nirvana, upon the death of his physical body.

Just a little tidbit!
Love,

Gem