Monday, January 03, 2011

Through a glass, darkly


It's a new year and things are changing. Who knows what this year will bring? I'm optimistic, I hope I am right to be.
My first priority is to finish up this teaching job. I have a month to go, and it's still taking up huge chunks of my time and energy. Probably because I'm not good at it.

After that, my next priority is to get the budget figured out. Like I said - I'm optimistic. I'm going to take a fresh look at things and find ways to be more frugal to make up for losing my income.

Then, I've gotta come up with a career plan. I swing back and forth on this one. Am I desperate enough to work in Shop Rite? How about retail? Can I find a real career kind of job? Or maybe I should give writing and art a chance? Or should I stick with the real world? I really change my mind about this every minute. Which is why I need to go over the budget first.

It's gonna be an interesting year. It's interesting that last January, I had no idea that I would be in this position this January. And here I am. So who knows what will happen by next January?

One of my thoughts, though, is that it's gonna be a BIG year. Cross your fingers for me! :D

1 comment:

jozien said...

I will!
I feel i am in a period in my life of not knowing. It's hard to keep moving towards something, so that when the right oppurtunity arises, we will know what to do. Ha Sue! It reminds of the day before i gave birth, i had no idea, could not really imagine.
Alas but babies just come out, i don't know if it quite works that way with money.
i'm rambling, sorry
Take Care!