Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Playground

I was at Aftercare today, turning the jump rope for hours -- it seemed like hours -- and it is kinda weird, because it is the same playground that I played jump rope on as a child. I had this strange sense of deja vu... but I'm a lot happier now than I was back then. I was such a nervous worried weird little kid.

But today, I wasn't nervous or worried (I think weird is for life) and the sun was so nice and warm, and it was very fun in a very childlike, invigorating way.

And all I could think of, was, I get paid for playing with these little kids. They are very nice little kids. I would like to have been friends with them when I was a little kid. And here I am, still playing jump rope after all these years!

Well, I turn but I haven't been jumping yet -- but I think I might actually jump too, tomorrow...

(That'll be good for a laugh!)
myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

11 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Way to go Sue!! Am so glad you are doing a job that you enjoy doing.I too love working with children--and yes, i like to jump rope too.(and I cannot belive how breathless I get.As a kid I could do it so many times.As an adult--well,my body just refuses to accept that it is old ) :-)

Unknown said...

ahah..please tell me you joined those kids..would be fun to hear that..

reliving your childhood eh..
aww..didn't play? maybe tomm then.

Anonymous said...

Olá Sue,

Na realidade eu também gostava de ter tido amigos assim, mas os meus amigos de infência também foram bons....

Visita-me em:
http://sementinha-da-vida.blogspot.com/

Mil beijinhos
Haras

Rayne said...

This sounds like so much fun. I miss the playground days. I was a nervous and weird little kid, too. And, I'm a weird little adult, now. But I'm okay with it. Still kind of nervous also... Maybe I need an afternoon of jump rope. Oh! Wait! I just remembered, I loved chinese jumprope. Do kids still play that?

Unknown said...

well, did you play today?

Sue said...

Hi all... Thanks for checking in!
Well, today was the last day of aftercare until after spring break, and it was FREEZING here, so we haven't been outside since last time I wrote...
so I haven't jumped jump rope yet, just turned it that day.
But don't let that give you the opinion that I don't PLAY, because I absolutely do. Today we did a lot of crafts, mostly bunnies and baskets. I love to do the crafts, too.
Rayne, I forget how to play chinese jump rope, but I think I'm going to try to find one and bring it in! The rules have to be around here somewhere. We were trying double dutch, but it's hard for the kids to do. We keep trying, though.
I'll post more later...

Elsa Sequeira said...

Hello Sue!!!
I come to your spot! And i like very much!!!

Have a good time!

:)

Rayne said...

Let me know if you need the rules, we have a rule book around somewhere from years ago.

Amandeep Singh said...

Mus be feeling good remembering and cherishing those day.................

Preeti Shenoy said...

dropped by to see how u r doing!
No new posts--Jumped too much rope and recovering your breath?:-)

Beth said...

Hey Sue...I finally created a blog....and have no idea how to do anything. How do I put a link to another website so if you click on it, you go there????
oh...its called... Just about us....
Beth