Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spontaneous Vacation Plans

So, how does this sound? I was planning a very simple summer this year. BUT, I'm a sucker for travel plans!

So we decided to go to Cedar Point, the roller coaster capital of the world, because we didn't get there last year so Frankie is having withdrawal (the Great Adventure roller coasters aren't good enough, ya know.) And we were thinking of going on the August 3 - 5 weekend. But Frank didn't really want to drive all the way to Cedar Point, a bit more than 500 miles, for a long weekend. (What? Don't you do road trips?) So he wanted to add something else, and I figured it would be a good time to visit Jan.

But then he came up with an additional plan. Over that same weekend, Lollapalooza will be playing in Chicago, and Pearl Jam will be appearing. Yup. Chicago is only 800 miles, so THAT we can do. Then, we can drive back 300 miles to Cedar Point on our way home. (I still hope to hit Jan's house in there for a while, if I can! Hi Jan!)

Lollapalooza is a big jam band concert in Grant Park. So -- within hours of thinking about it -- we had bought tickets for the weekend concert, and booked a hotel in downtown chicago. It's supposed to be a DUMP, but it's close to the festival, we can walk it.

So yeah, we're spontaneous about our vacation plans. I sure hope my new job doesn't mind.....

No comments: