Tuesday, April 10, 2007

YAY BETH!

Beth has a new blog now too! Welcome to the blog world, Beth!

Everyone go to Beth's site and say HI!

Beth is my best friend for 100 years. Well, maybe not quite that long, but since we were in middle school, which is a really long time.

When we were in 9th grade, Iselin Middle School was called Iselin Jr. High (and it went up to 9th grade.) All of the kids from St. Cecelia's, who didn't go on to Catholic High School, merged into the public school system with us.

Beth and Jan knew each other from St. Cecelias, and Ann and I (barely) knew each other from Iselin Middle. I had Beth and Jan in different classes, and one of them had Ann in some classes. Anyway, the four of us started hanging around together, and we became extremely close. They were my BFF's before there was a such thing as BFFs. Or LYLAS's.

So we've all stayed friends thru the years, although Annie is the most distant, living in Florida and not in contact very often. Jan is in Pittsburgh (Hi Jan!) I know she reads the blog occasionally at least, and we talk once in a while. I hope to see her this summer, or maybe in the fall... we have to work on it. And Beth lives closest to me, still in Jersey, but nowhere near Iselin anymore, and a bit too far away to just stop by.

I got married earliest. So even though our ages are all the same, I feel the oldest. Beth still has babies, so she still has to go thru all the child stuff... I kinda miss the baby years! I miss those years with my kids UNTIL she starts telling me about waking up at 6 AM with a baby sick and crying....

Visit Beth's blog at
Just About Us

4 comments:

Beth said...

OK...now let's be clear...I am the oldest and starting to feel proud of it. Let's hear it for women having babies at 40....you may not want to start with twins though...it's exhausting.
I am 44 this month and I'll lie about that when I start looking it....at least I don't think I look it yet...except at six am when the babies are sick and crying....actually it's more like three AM....then I really look it.

Preeti Shenoy said...

Always nice to hear a story of lasting freindship.I to have freinds like that from school--and it feels great to be in touch.

Preeti Shenoy said...

I had left a comment earlier.I dont know if it disapperaed or you havent got it.
Visited beth too.

Rayne said...

This is so cool that you have kept in touch with friends from school. I have missed out on that with being an AF wife and living all over the world. I didn't think the moving around would bother me too much when I was younger but now I sometimes wish we had stayed local.