Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Frankie's MAKE A WISH TRIP... PART 1

 
So I know everyone is wondering why I haven't written in a while, and believe me, there are plenty of reasons.

1. The computer is dead. I'm working out of Frankie's lap top for the time being, but we only recently got the lap top hooked up, thanks to Kurt. Dr. Kurt is working on the real computer right now. I hope he can resusitate it. (Did I spell that wrong? It looks wrong.)KURT, WE LOVE YOU!

2. I got a job. Again. No, really. I got another job. And it's full time. But starting new jobs all the time is very stressfull, and it takes a lot out of you. This is the job I plan on keeping for the next 25 years. I'm not switching anymore. I'm gonna be like a barnacle and attach myself to the desk. More about that later.

3. We went on VACATION!

Yes, VACATION -- as in Frankie got a Make A Wish vacation, and we just got back!

Background info: Make A Wish is an organization that grants the wish of very ill children. Frankie, with everything he went through last year, was offered the application to see if he qualified for a wish to be granted. The social worker at the hospital suggested it, and nominated us. At first, I was totally against it, because I really thought that it was meant for children who were dying. But that isn't really what they were looking for; and it turned out that Frankie really DID qualify, because of the seriousness of his condition -- both the acute and chronic illness.

So, I tried to make a few nice suggestions to Frankie about what his wish should be. But in reality, he didn't want anything to do with what my wish for him was. He had his OWN wish idea -- which I was not at all interested in, I'll have you know. But it was perfect for him.

Frankie wanted to ride the "X" coaster in California.

I hate coasters, and I was adamant that I would never go to California. BUT. It was his WISH. So that is what we did. We got to go to all the coaster parks in Southern California....

And this is the story of that trip.

In many installments, because I'm not up to one long story.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Welcome home!!!

Niall young said...

Thank you for your kind comments on my present artwork..I feel I should appologies for not 'Keeping in touch'..I've enjoyed your posts in the past and find that now I have returned, I am exposed as woefully ignorant of the fact your Son has had so much going on in his life..brings everything into perspevtive really..I really do send him all my best wishes. I hope and pray that Frankie and yourself get plenty of support and care.

The holiday sounds like a great adventure..will await your tales...