Saturday, July 14, 2007

We woke up bright and early on Monday...

 
... ready to start our first full day by fulfilling Frankie's main wish: to ride the X coaster.
This was also part of our view from the hotel. The weather was beautiful, bright and sunny and hot (but it was a DRY HEAT) and a nice breeze.

Frank and Nicky finished off the fruit in the room for breakfast, but Frankie and I went down to eat in the restaurant. (I wanted to be sure he had enough calories to last through the day!)

Then, we headed out.

We drove to Six Flags, and our car was something like four or five in line to enter the parking lot, which is where we sat for about an hour. We met some guy from Canada, who walked over to our convertible and started chatting about how they are drilling for oil in Canada and selling it to the USA, or something like that... I have no idea who he was, but with an open car like that, you're kinda sitting right out in the open. Finally, the gates open, we parked and waited in the next line, to go through the entrance gates.

You could see the X coaster right from the entrance, and I got some good photos -- but I wasn't using the digital camera, we had brought the waterproof box camera that Nancy and Christine from Make A Wish had given Frankie, so I still have to get the pictures developed!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Wow--Looks like you are having a great holiday. I love reading about holidays.And if it is a place new to me, all the more so!