Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Flips

 
Does anyone recognize Flip's? It used to be a bar. I think before that it was a stage coach house. It was right by the railroad station, before the station moved.

Which leads to the next two questions: What was the name of the OTHER bar, besides the Pioneer, Flips, and Jack and Earls?
and number two: WHERE was Jack and Earl's, exactly? I say it was actually on the corner, diagonal from the old Iselin Theater. Frank says no, it was on the bend right before the light by St. Cecelia's.
Please reply.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Beth said...

How about the Alibi???
I have to ask Lief if he knows where Jack and Earl's was. I don't think I was ever there.....only to the Pioneer.
Alas....lost youth....

Anonymous said...

The other bar was Hank's ... which was on the right a little ways after the Middlesex Turnpike light, coming from up from St Cecilia's ... Jack and Earl's was across Oak Tree Road from Hank's, actually.

Sue said...

OH YEAH. I should have remembered Hanks. I was actually only in there once, maybe twice. (I live a very sheltered life.) And don't forget the Pioneer!