Wednesday, September 26, 2007

RED CARPET PREMIERE!!!

 

The other day, we got a call out of the blue from Tim Donnelly, who let us know that the recent Pearl Jam DVD -- which he had helped collaborate on -- was being released (which we already knew, of course) -- at a Super Cool premiere in Manhattan at the Ziegfield Theater. He wanted to know if we wanted to go. (Look at these pictures again, and Take a guess.)

The first consideration -- work/school. I'm waking up at such an ungodly hour now (5:30) that I've been going to bed super early. OK, I was fine with that, I can sleep on the train.

Then, Frank's work -- he was definitely interested. He figured he could get out of work on time to make it home and then to the train and then to the theater.

Then, school. It was "back to school night." I wouldn't get to meet the teachers. Not a problem, now that I work there. I can talk to them any time I want to.

Nick had no problem with being out late. He has very light classes this semester. At least, that's what he tells me so far. We'll see how the report card comes in.

The minor sticking point was Frankie. He had a lab report due for physics, and a test in history. But, of course, this was a PEARL JAM movie. So he was in.


We called Tim when we got into the city, and finally had the opportunity to meet him. He was very nice and even gave us the DVD (which we had already ordered, but now Frankie can have his own copy.) Afterwards, we thought to ourselves -- we are such idiots! We should have had him autograph it!

Actually, now that I'm sitting here thinking about it, the director, Danny Clinch, was there as well. We could have had him autograph it too. Oh well.

The theater was GORGEOUS. And we sat down in front, which was great from a concert movie perspective, although I would have liked to see how the audience was reacting, but I couldn't bring myself to turn around.

The movie was beautifully done, great music, beautiful cinematography -- is that how you spell that? Definitely worth it.

Tim mentioned that it was a big day for him, because not only was this project coming out, but on the same day the other disc he was working on -- "Goin' Home, a tribute to Fats Domino" -- was being released. We've ordered that disc too.

We felt like hot shot rock and roll type people, rubbing elbows with the rich and famous. Funny enough, when I got home I checked my email. We had a note from Make-a-Wish, inviting us to go on a Yacht tonight. They would even provide transportation.

We had to turn THAT offer down. I can't take too much of this jet set lifestyle!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok... I have been out of it lately...I probably should know the answer to this....Tim Donnelly is???? Forgive me, with all that is going on with Jared, I have been slightly distracted.
Bunny

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.