Friday, April 02, 2010
What am I going to do?
I just read that 1 in 10 people in Jersey are out of work.
So I'm completely unsure about what I'm supposed to do now that I'm losing my job.
At first I was sure that it was a good idea to stay home and blog. And then I started wondering if I'm making a mistake, because how am I going to make money? I already blog. No one pays me.
Plus I noticed my point of view and energy level changes when I'm just sitting home. Everything seems possible when I've got the energy from running from job to home to job to home, it all seems possible except that I don't have the time to make it happen. When I'm just HOME? Everything seems less possible.
I have to reinvent my life. My thoughts so far have been
-I need less stuff than I think I do, so cut back ...
(is this possible? It should be. What do I really NEED? And yet, I still manage to NEED stuff.)
- Garden and eat cheaper...
(even the seeds I started cost money)
- I'm planning on paying for the seeds by selling some of the plants I've started...
(but will anyone buy them?)
- try to write those magazine articles I've been thinking about for ages...
- blog for money...
(notice my new ads? Sorry.)
- Maybe offer a crafts class over the summer? (Would anyone sign up?)
- babysit again, starting in the fall...(I miss the kids anyway. Or DO I?)
- paint and enter the local art fair and art association. (I'll be enjoying myself, at least.)
- or... maybe I should just write up a resume and try again to get a real job?
How am I supposed to know? I have no idea. Anyway, I guess the only thing to do is to keep moving forward.
Well, at least I'm still in a good mood.
Posted by Sue at 11:52 PM