Tuesday, October 09, 2012

My Summer of Music
is almost over...

 Last year, I called my summer "The Summer of Art and Flowers," and I spent all of my time painting and gardening, and it worked out really well.

This summer, I called my summre "The Summer of Writing a Book."  I didn't write anything.

It turned out that it was actually "The Summer of Music Festivals."  And that is the reason I haven't posted much in the last few weeks.  I've been going to concerts.

Last week was the free concert in Central Park in NYC.  It was to spread awareness about extreme poverty in the world, and my son got us the (free) tickets for our birthdays.  We went into the city and saw Band of Horses, Black Keys, Foo Fighters, and Neil Young.  Then, after the concert, we went to a really cool little bar and heard an acoustic set of cover tunes by a really good duo called C.O.A.L.G. - I was happy.


The weekend before that, we were in Atlanta for the Music Midtown festival.  I'm working on a video on that one - not that anyone will want to see my video.  We saw lots of great acts, but my top ones were Joan Jett, Adam Ant, Avett Brothers, Florence and the Machine, Foo Fighters, and Pearl Jam.  Not necessarily in that order.  It was WONDERFUL!  I was happy.











And earlier in the summer, we went to FireFly Festival in Delaware - BEST FESTIVAL EVER!And yes, I was happy.  :)

No comments: