Thursday, November 30, 2006




I DID IT!
Wow. Never thought I'd really complete 50,000 words!
I'm so excited! Now, maybe I'll keep going and really get a book written -- I've gotta tell you, I've written 50,000 words in the story in this one month -- but they aren't really 50,000 GOOD words. I've got a far way to go before that collection of words actually becomes a book.
But I'm really proud that I finished the challenge!

My amazing grand prize?
Why, it's 50,000 words of a story that I've started.
Also, a lovely certificate that I was sent to print on my computer. (Lucky for me my Mom bought me a color printer this year!)

Thank you to everyone who helped (mostly, by not laughing at me when I came up with another strange idea like writing 50,000 words.)
Also, thank you to Robin, for inspiring me in the first place, by letting me know there even was a challenge!

You can read Robin's blog and be inspired by her too -- it's on the links at the right, see? ------>

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...I knew you could do it.
Can't wait to read the best seller.
Beth

Preeti Shenoy said...

Wow Sue! Even if they are not "good words" as you say,(and again that is for the people who read it, to decide--each one's perception is different) you actually managed to do it and that is indeed terrific.Congrats.

Rayne said...

I commented over on Frankie's blog but I don't think you can be congratulated enough for what you did. Absolutely fantastic. I am so proud of you! And you should be proud, too! Very proud.
Keep writing.