Saturday, November 18, 2006

Deck the halls blah blah blah

DO YOU PEOPLE REALIZE it's almost CHRISTMAS???
Yeah, I guess all the rest of you realize it. It's kinda me who doesn't want to realize it. I've been way busier playing with summery photos of palm trees and writing stories. I am not interested in Christmas much yet.

I have started a little. I just picked up a lot of stuff shopping with Mom on Friday. I have a whole pile of gifts upstairs, hidden in the laundry room under a few piles of laundry that never actually get finished. Frank got outside today and put the lights on the house, so we can continue our tradition of being aggravatingly early with Christmas lights.

Really, to keep moving forward on Christmas, now I need to go through everything I have already bought and actually make a list of what I still need. I should wrap the stuff I've got put aside while I'm making the list.

Just thinking about it makes me really sleepy.

I think about starting to decorate inside, too. Before I do that, I really ought to clean my house thoroughly. Thinking about THAT just makes me confused. (Where do I start?)

I did get my first gift on Friday, from my Momma and Daddy. They bought me a pink razr phone. (They didn't have orange available.) I even splurged on myself, and downloaded a ring tone -- "Ripple" from the Grateful Dead.

I have to start getting ready to get ready.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your christmas lights are up....you are annoying.....
Beth

Sandi said...

Well I have all my Christmas shopping pretty much done and wrapped. I have up and decorated one tree outside and one tree inside. Plus lights and decorations on and outside the house. I have all my decorations done except for the big tree. (When all is said and done I will have 4 Christmas trees in my section of the house!) What you girls fail to realize is that Christmas is just a little over one month away!!! I think I have been done for a week now with the bulk of everything. I also have William's birthday presents bought and wrapped! So I guess I am more annoying than Sue. But I always was!!!! That is part of my "charm"!

Sue said...

I think I'm going to be sick...

I'm actually trying to decide if I want a christmas tree at all...

Ajit said...

Hi Sue,
Just landed on your blog from your link on the one of Ps."Just a mother of two"
Will be reading your blog.i am a recent blogger and it is fascinating.Have to manage time for regular contributions.

AG

Sue said...

Hello and welcome, Ajitbhai!