Saturday, November 11, 2006

Wild Life



The Secret Harbour Beach Resort had a lot of wild life -- and I don't mean a swinging bar scene. (They did have a very nice beach front bar, but don't forget, I have a 13 and 16 year old, so we didn't hang out there too much.) They are a nature preserve as well as a resort.

Iguanas were all over the place. They very casually walked up and stared at you. It kinda gave you the willies, but it was very cool. I also saw at least two other types of lizards, pelicans, and hummingbirds. Off shore there was tons of different color fish and corals.

I guess it is safe to assume that any place that has that many kinds of fragile little creatures does NOT spray a lot of insecticide around. The little bugs are food for the little animals. I am food for the little bugs. I must have a good hundred bug bites on my legs alone. I am itching like crazy. The husband and kids are less affected.

No comments: