Sunday, December 03, 2006

New York City Saturday

Here we are -- Frankie, Me, and Nicky -- in the city on Saturday. (Frank took the picture.)

It was PACKED. There were people EVERYWHERE! All we really wanted to do was to go in and see the tree. We walked 16 blocks there (and another few blocks zig zagging around to look at things) and then 16 blocks back. We saw the tree at Rockefeller Center -- but there were so many people there, we looked at it for about a minute and a half and then LEFT.

I think it was a pretty productive trip because even though we didn't really enjoy the lights as much as we could have, I did pretty well on the SHOPPING! I only got two gifts, but they were two really good gifts, I thought.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous....I'd love to get into the city....maybe when the girls are older.....Sabrina would probably be running all over the place and doesn't want to stay in the stroller...Beth

Sue said...

Believe me, you didn't want a stroller when we were there -- the people with strollers were really stuck. The crowds were horrendous.

It was fun, but partly because we were able to maneuver -- we spent half the day walking in the gutter, along the road.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Frank and I took the Dawn and Dana to NY several times to see the tree (thinking how great a time it was to start the Christmas Season)and now Dana says all she remembers is the cold, walking and too many people! We usually drove in and went to Little Italy for great fried zucchini, pasta and of course Italian pastries. Wow, I hope we get over again just for the food now that I think about it.