Saturday, July 03, 2010

Flutterbye

 

Nick was looking out the front door this morning, and found this butterfly floating through our garden. He kept his eye on it for me while I ran for my camera, and I managed to get a few nice shots before it fluttered away.

This is the reason I don't believe in putting weed killers or pesticides on my lawn...

I have to look it up and find out what kind of butterfly it is. We never see this kind around here.

I'll let you know what I find out...

(Jozien, you probably already know!) :D Anyone care to guess?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sue said...

OK, I found it. I'm pretty sure I know. Should I tell you?

jozien said...

Sue!, i got the book right here, and i am so excited, I think it is the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, where in my garden it is the Canadian one, yours bigger! wow that must be an amazing sight, because mine is the biggest butterfly around here.

Sue said...

Jozien, I missed your comment until just now! Yes, I think it is the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, and I think they are following me because I saw another one while I was on vacation :)