Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Parrot Cove Houseboats

Our MAIN vacation was renting a houseboat at Parrot Cove Houseboats in Virginia.
 

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a big fan of boats. I was not really too excited about this part of the trip because I always get seasick. But we had rented a houseboat once, years ago, and I remember that I had a lot of fun and it wasn't bad... so even though I was VERY apprehensive, I figured I'd give it a shot. I had my back-up plan. If the medicine didn't work, and if I still got seasick, I brought a tent. There is a very nice state park along the lake, and I was going to make them dump me off and I planned to sit in the campground until they were done.

Luckily for me, the seasickness patch (it was a prescription) worked PERFECTLY. I wasn't sick at all, and I didn't have to abandon ship.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: