Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Frankie

It's the one year anniversary of the day that Frankie's guts exploded! (No, really -- is that too crude? But it's pretty close to what happened!)

On 2/22/06 I rushed Frankie to the hospital because he was in extreme pain. He was admitted, but then let go the next day. They said it was a stomach virus. It wasn't.

I'm not sure who has already heard this story, but you can skip reading if you have. I still keep talking about it because I still can't get over it. My brain is still processing everything that happened, and it's been a year already.

It turned out that Frankie's Crohn's disease caused trouble in his intestines -- they twisted themselves into a balloon animal and then the twisty part died. So Frankie was in SERIOUS trouble for quite a while. Months, in fact.

And it all started one year ago tonight.

Frankie thought I should have baked him a cake. I would have if I had thought of it earlier! It does really feel almost like a birthday. Some people are born again of the spirit -- born again Christians. Frankie was born again of the intensive care unit! They saved his life.

So Happy ReBirthday, Frankie!

2 comments:

Niall young said...

Celebrate! There is no greater gift than life..

Anonymous said...

It's not to late to bake him a cake. Cake is alway good!
Gram