Monday, February 12, 2007

That 70's Show Again...


Remember that 70's party? Well, here I am at the party with (husband) Frankie K the DJ, in the shirt I made especially for the occasion.
Of course, you can't see the fine detailing I put into the shirt. It's not a great picture, taken with my phone because I forgot to bring a camera.
You can't even see any cleavage. Which was the main issue the night of the party. My 16 year old saw the shirt and was HORRIFIED because it had a low cut dip in the front (which was basically held shut with the tie at the neck) but sometimes gapped so you could see... cleavage. Nothing really exciting, but it was NOT ACCEPTABLE by 16 year old boy standards, at least not for a mom to wear.
It was actually rather funny. I don't think he was really as horrified as all that, I think it was more just joking around.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't see the details but I love the color.
And I totally love that Frankie noticed you as a person and a woman not just his mom.
He's growing up!!!!!
Love Beth

Dayngr said...

Oh my! Isn't that great fun. I can hardly wait until my two are old enough to be embarassed by me. LOL.

Preeti Shenoy said...

:-) :-) My son too pretends to be horrified many a time, when he really is not.I think its just their way of showing an aprreciative whistle.

Niall young said...

What we need to see is how wide
your jeans get around you ankles!
Mind you..perhaps they're back in fashion again..or is it skinny jeans..What goes around!

Sue said...

Bell bottoms would be fine -- just not hip huggers! :)

I did take my son's horror as almost a compliment. It meant I looked like a female, not a mom, and I think that was what he really objected to.

I did tell him -- I will embarass you for the next 10 years at least, or until you marry someone and can realize how wonderful I am again... (And I plan on enjoying his embarassment as much as possible!)