Monday, February 05, 2007

Walking is NOT as good as sugar and fat.

Ok, to balance out the fudge factor, you all should know that I'm trying to walk, too. I refuse to give up sugar and fat, but I enjoy walking.

Laurie is good about that, because she pushes me sometimes when I would rather stay inside. Like today. You would not BELIEVE how cold it was out there today, even with the sun shining and beautiful. I didn't think it could GET that cold...

I walked 2.78 miles, and Laurie says so. She says we walk a 15 minute mile. She keeps track of these things because she is back on weight watchers. I refuse to join. She looks great, and she is walking a few times a day, but I can't do that. Mainly because I refuse to wake up before sunrise to walk, which is one of the main times she goes.

But I do like walking. I would do more of it if you all wanted to come over and keep me company. I'm a little slow, though, sometimes....

I walked yesterday without her, she was doing something else, but Frank was willing to walk down to the store and get a newspaper with me. Not 2.78 miles, but at least I moved a little.

4 comments:

Niall young said...

2.78 miles?..what about an extra 0.22?...

But seriously..get out there..take a camera and let us see your neighbourhood!And take photos like my friend Henrik..check his pics!

http://aelskade-barn.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm willing to walk...do you want to drive the hour to me or me to you....never mind.....

Preeti Shenoy said...

Every little bit counts.Even if you have just walked inside the house doing the small chores--that too counts.

Sue said...

I definitely did that last .22 doing chores! :)

And thanks for the photo suggestion, I think I will!