Friday, February 16, 2007

What will the future hold?

Laurie came over and I read her cards, and then she read mine. Sometimes, the fortune cards can be so real that they are scary. That was the case today, I think.

I won't write about her cards. I just want to write about mine.

Reversed spider -- stagnant, lacking creativity, the negative side of woman. (There's a lot of uncomfortable truth.) And my future, reversed weasel -- lying to yourself about something you know to be true, and doubting your feelings and intuition. Doubting everything, which becomes a barrier to your progress.
So I drew another card, to find out how to fix it. It's Swan, which means grace. It talks about swan flying through the dreamtime, looking for the entry point into the future. She doesn't know how to enter -- or if she wants to. Dragonfly tells swan, "You must be willing to accept whatever the future holds as it is represented, without trying to change the Great Spirit's plan." Swan answers and agrees to surrender to the flow of the spiral and trust.

So the answer to what will the future hold seems to be: just dive in, go with the flow, and trust.

(Sorry if this is too new age for you, Thor. :) I love this stuff!)

1 comment:

Preeti Shenoy said...

That fascinates me too.Some people might just dismiss all of it as 'hogwash'.But if you take the philosophy behind it and you are able to apply it to the current problem in your life, I think it's great--no matter however 'new age'it may seem!