Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day, and Happy 19th Anniversary, Thor! This is the painting I started (ages ago) and I gave to my dearest husband for the romantic holiday today. It's hanging on my (lilac) bedroom wall.
I took 5 pictures of it to post on this blog, and every single picture came out slightly different, isn't that weird? The highlights and shadows in the painting are totally affected by the lighting in the room. It's quite changeable.

It's a painting of my back yard, where Thor and I spend a lot of time together. I like the way it came out, although it is never as good as my imagination... There is a some symbolism in the painting, but I won't go into that here... ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Picture Sue

Happy Anniversary. Did you give the boys gifts? One of the girls I work with had an anniversary yesterday and gave her girls gifts. When asked why, its not their anniversary, she replied that had it not been for them there would not have been a 25th Anniversary. (I'm sure that is not the case with you and "Thor")

Happy Anniversary!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy 19th...how time flies..seems like just yesterday we were drinking champagne in the Church vestibule.
and Happy Valentine's Day.
The painting is awesome. I love it. Hope Thor does
too but I'm sure he will.
Beth

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary
Love,
sandi

Preeti Shenoy said...

Sue, i simply dont belive the coincidences in your life and my life!!I too had given my husband a painting which i made, on our anniversary and it hangs in our bedroom.
Your picture looks great.
BTW, happy anniversary

Niall young said...

I think you have done yourself an injustice..your picture is full of something very deep indeed.I am reminded of a series of paintings by Rene Magritte of which 'The Healer' is best known..it depicts a cage containing doves as part of a torso..legs beneath ..arms and a hat complete the picture of a man. Your picture made me think of how important your home is..by home I don't mean bricks and morter..it's your family..there is dark over the wall with a slightly scary moon, but also mystically providential. The furnace is your passion, the heated womb..it is the thing that is the source of warmth...of life. (Oh my..i'sound like I come from LA!!) ....Sue..I really really like it!..

Rayne said...

oh, wow! This is impressive. I really like this. it reminds me an artist and for the life of me I can't think of his name. New meds are giving me fog-brain. The guy that painted the picture of the girl on the hill...? Aw, heck. I hate fog brain.
Anyway, you are very talented and happy anniversary!

Sue said...

Thanks, everybody.

Hope everyone enjoyed their valentines day too...