Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Mayor McCormac at our Meeting tonight!


Here is a snap of the Mayor speaking at the Boy Scout meeting tonight. The boys are working on "Citizenship in the Community" badge, which is an Eagle-required badge. We talked about the rights and duties of citizenship, and about specific issues around town that the kids wanted to address. Some of the boys brought up some pretty good issues. I was pretty proud of the group of them.

The Mayor is an Eagle Scout himself. Not to mention, a pretty good guy. I showed him the photos I took in Merrill Park. He's talking about trying to do something in April, on Earth Day. I'll let you know what we're doing. I have a bad feeling about that date on my calendar, though...

(Unfortunately, my OWN sons weren't at the meeting. They had tickets to the Devils vs. the Rangers game. Along with two of the other boys from scouts. They've had the tickets for ages, way before the Mayor was scheduled. And yup, Devils won, in a shoot out in overtime.)

4 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Really nice that you are invloved with the boy scouts program.Smiled when I read that your own two weren't there, this time. :-)

Anonymous said...

Forget the boyscouts....I love the little smiley face eating the chocolate......Beth

Anonymous said...

Forget the boyscouts....I love the little smiley face eating the chocolate......Beth

Dayngr said...

Just surfed in and wanted to say nice blog!

Dayngr
Proud Member of eMail Our Military