Friday, March 02, 2007

Computer Addiction

It's raining here, which isn't necessarily a bad thing because it's a friday morning and I don't have anywhere to GO. Plus, it's March, which is good because Spring is coming. Rain means it isn't icy out. Oh, I like a snow day as much as anyone, but I'm just as happy to put all that behind me and get some warm weather.

So, about this computer addiction thing. You would never know it from how often I post -- which is never as frequently as I think it oughta be -- but I am so totally addicted to my computer. (Quiet down, now, Thor. At least I'm not addicted to drugs or alcohol or shopping. You're paying for the internet service already anyway.)

I read all of your blogs -- maybe not every day, but I make the rounds pretty frequently. I don't usually post but I lurk alot. I like to keep up to date on what is going on in everyone's life.

Then I feel like I don't have anything worthy to write about, so I don't post. OR, I feel like I have something to post that would be worthy but it is so personal that I shouldn't post it because someone out there won't approve. Or sometimes it isn't just personal to me, it's also personal to someone else, and I have to be careful not to post OTHER people's private stuff because they might not LIKE THE IDEA too much at all! For instance, I have tons of stuff to post about my kids, but that really isn't fair to them, because they might not want all the details of their lives out there on the world wide web being shared with an international community!

I blame Thor for all of this, because he is a very private person and does not really GET the reason why I would want to write about the details of my life for public consumption... so he makes me question writing about things that without his influence, I would just spew forth into the ether. (Which is probably a very good influence. Balance is a good thing in life. He balances me. I can't seem to balance him, though, which is also good, because his lack of balance makes him need to dust on occasion.)

Wait -- was that too personal?

I expect to hear from you soon, dear.

1 comment:

Preeti Shenoy said...

I know exactly what you mean by wanting Thor to 'approve' (maybe awrong choice of word--but i guess you know what i'm trying to say) of what you are writing.

I used to do that with satish.But not anymore.Now I write what moves me strongly.And usually it is not about anyone in particular.So I'm okay with it.
I like the way your blog really 'speaks' to the reader.