Sunday, March 11, 2007

Gardening

Gram used to recite a poem.
Spring is sprung,
the flowers riz,
I wonder where the birdies is?

I'm thinking about the flowers because the weather is warming and I'm looking forward to getting some gardening done.

I have all these little sections in the yard that need improvement. I don't know where to start. For one thing, the rabbits are constantly in the front rock garden. The rabbits just appeared over the past few years. I'm not sure that they are the problem, but it seems like a lot of the flowers I plant there don't make it anymore. So do I work on kicking out the rabbits, or give up on the planting? The rabbits are actually kinda cute. But they could be cute somewhere else in the yard. I could probably surround the little rock garden with some kind of fence. But it wouldn't look quite as rock-gardenish, would it?

I have a huge old lilac in the back that needs to be... fixed. It has a sumac and an oak tree growing right in the middle of it. Everytime I cut them out, they come right back.

I have a trellis that needs more vines. I also would like to put clematis in more places.

Meanwhile, Frank started an herb garden yesterday. I don't know what herbs he wants, but it's pretty big.

Anyway, I don't know why I'm telling you all this. I just feel like SPRING!!!

No comments: