Thursday, March 29, 2007

A whole new direction for me...

So. Since the last time I've posted, I started a new job. It was barely even on the horizon when last I wrote. And yet, here I am, two days in.

Last summer was still recuperation for Frankie. The summer before that, I worked for the Maglione's. The Maglione's are friends of mine who own a family Italian Ice business. Nicky and now Frankie sometimes work for them at special events, scooping ice and making pretzels.

They need a secretary in the office for the busy season, which starts now because of Little League baseball games. So, I was talking to my friend, and we started talking about the business, and ... anyway, now I've got a job!

Actually, two jobs. Because I'm still doing after care from 3:30 to 6:00. Oh yeah, and the few days I'd already gotten scheduled to substitute, I'm still going to do that.

It's a simple job, really. It certainly puts a strain on my timetable, though. The house is a wreck (well, it was a wreck anyway, the job didn't really cause that!) And it's making me rather cranky because I feel like I need to remember everything that needs to get done in a much shorter window of time.

But it's only the second day. I think it will be OK. It will certainly be a lot easier once school lets out and aftercare is over!

7 comments:

Sue said...

Really, if you must know, I need the money but I still don't want to work!!!!!! So you might say I'm very cranky -- but I'm trying really hard not to be!!!

Unknown said...

ah..the ever popular dream...I want cash..but don't wanna work..
heh... unfortunately can't preach here because I am looking for the same thing.

cheer up... summer vacation is coming soon..schools will be closed then right?

Anonymous said...

Hey supermom.....three jobs (four if you count being a Mom, five if you count Scounts) ....Thor can't say you're not trying.
I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
Call me if you ever get a free moment. I'll try to get by without you but if you count counseling me its six jobs.
Beth....hey...I need a nickname like Thor.

Sue said...

OK, everyone needs to think of a nickname for Beth. I was always partial to La Hem, or the Holy Grehl. It's a whole new era, though, so we need a whole new name.

Unknown said...

wow..watercolors...
kinda mesmerizes you when you find out that only 5 colors are used...

wonder if I should try painting too..hmm

naaah, stick to drawing..better that way..painting, knowing me, will be painting everywhere except the art sheet...lol.

Unknown said...

oops...
sorrry...right comment..wrong commentbox...
that was supposed to be for Ps..

see this is what happens when you try to leave comments for multiple people simultaneously

Preeti Shenoy said...

Sometimes we got to do what we dont want to do.It sucks but thats how it is.(talking about jobs of course)