Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


glitter-graphics.com

St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays, which is odd, considering I'm not Irish. For some reason, everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's day. Also odd -- I can't think of other holidays specifically celebrating another nationality that everyone celebrates here as much as St. Patrick's day.

What is St. Patrick's Day all about, you ask? Basically, everyone wears green. You can be Irish today even if you aren't Irish. I have a lot of Irish friends, and I do love the music. I don't drink beer, but Tea is pretty Irish too. I've started liking Corned Beef and Cabbage -- so that's what I'm cooking tonight -- but the kids won't eat it.

So anyway, Here's wishin' ye the luck of the Irish!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are part Irish. Or do you not claim your mothers side of the family?

Jude

Sue said...

Allright, I'm part Irish. But they came over HUNDREDS of years ago, so does that really count????

Sue said...

When I think of your side of the family, mom, I take pride in being 100% HILLBILLY! I love that!!! And where is the hillbilly holiday? But I know the music -- bluegrass! And the food would be Grandma's fried chicken, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, corn cut off the cob, applesauce, biscuits, and greenbeans. And sweet tea. Unless it was breakfast.