Monday, March 31, 2008

Gram and Grandma

I was just reading about Pink Dogwood's grandmother -- her Amma -- on her blog, "Wandering Mind." I knew just what she was talking about, because I think about my own grandmothers so often. (You can take a look at Pink Dogwood's blog by clicking on the link.)

I posted the picture of Grandma D. the other day when I was talking about how much (everyone SAYS) I look like her. Then, just two days ago, I came across this picture of Gram R., and I was thinking about her too...


Plus, I've been working on this painting. It's a memorial painting, to Gram. It isn't done yet, and I've put it aside for a while to look at it and consider what I want to fix or change. It's sitting in the dining room, where everyone probably figures I've forgotten about it, but actually, I look at it all the time. I'm contemplating it. I'll post the completed picture when it's finished. I've got a few serious changes to make in it.

7 comments:

pink dogwood said...

Your grandmother is beautiful, and so is your painting. Do post it when you finish it :)

Sue said...

Thank you -- Gram really was beautiful, particularly in a "personality" kind of way. Everyone who met her loved her.

As for the painting, I'll definitely post it when done... who knows when that might be? I just hope it looks good when it is finished!

Beth said...

We miss you too Gram....

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, I really think my Grandmother is watching over me. She didn't give me much attention when she was alive --- distance and and the fact that her nine other granddaughters lived next to her didn't help. But I know she is there now, especially when I find coins on the ground or drop them. She is telling me to SLOOOWWWW down! Life is moving way to fast right now and sometimes I need to stop and pick up the coins!

Gem

Anonymous said...

didn't your painting have a teacup in it?

Gem

Sue said...

I won't find coins until my Dad dies, because he is the one who would make me pick them up, or he'd haunt me! I know my Grandma D is around when I get lipstick on my teeth -- that's her all the way.

Anyway, I was going to put a tea cup in, but then went with the iced tea, which was more likely what we'd be drinking when we made the applesauce.

Punam said...

Sue,
So you paint too? Hidden talents?? You MUST post it when you complete. I am sure it will turn out as beautiful and commanding as your Grandma.