Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Back to Work (using trickery to wake up!)

It's silly, but it seems to be working.

After that lovely week off work, I'm back to the daily grind.

Starting at 7 is pretty painful. On the other hand, with the time change, my body is still kinda used to getting up even earlier.

So I set my alarm clock to ring 1/2 hour before it was ringing. I'm getting up at 5 now instead of 5:30.

You would think that an hour and a half would be enough time to get ready for work, but it wasn't. I was about 5 minutes late everyday, and I haven't had to scrape my car windows yet. So now I wake up at 5, but since the time change, it doesn't feel that bad. But the only way I can make myself get up that early, is by tricking myself into thinking it's the same time I WAS getting up. I always fall for that kind of trick in the morning.

2 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

GROAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! I HATE getting up early in the morn!
Why doesnt my body fall for the same trick?!!I have to literally drag myself out of bed in the mornings--not to mention I'm not at my social best then!

Anonymous said...

I have one clock set for watching for what time to leave for work...10 minutes fast...one clock set for bed time...accurate...and one set for ???...it hasn't been right since the last power failure and forget about the time change!!! Trickery abounds!!! But I only take an hour to get ready and then I am almost always early to work... until now... I purposefully am going in later...I hate my job!!!
Amber