Thursday, November 29, 2007

The easiest way to make a charitable donation EVER.


So we visited the hospital and saw Frankie's old tutor, and she told us about this web site. I researched it a little, and it really seems to be true. If you play this vocabulary game -- actually pretty good for any age, and fun if you are like me and enjoy words -- they donate 20 grains of rice to poor people for every word you get correct. You really should check it out. It's at freerice.com -- click on the link (the freerice words, not the picture) and give it a shot.
I "beasted out" at the game, (as the kids would say,) averaging about a 43, peaking at about level 46. Frankie held his own at about 29. Let us know how you do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I averaged about 40. It really surprised me that I could guess right on so many of them when I really didn't know the word.

Jude

Anonymous said...

Some of the middle school teachers are assigning "homework" from the site too!

Anonymous said...

I only did it for a bit, and I was interupted many times... I got a score of 38. Not great, but I am not that bright either so I am happy with that!!!
Bunny