Sunday, November 18, 2007

Christmas is breathing down the back of my neck.

I hate that feeling.

I'm not feeling that well today, I'm fighting a cold.

But I had a really nice weekend, and I saw several friends that I hadn't seen or hung out with in a while. I also went to a pleasant gathering with a few new people from my new job. I even tried something new -- Thai food -- which really is too spicy for me, thanks for asking. (I'm not the most bland person I know, but I guess I'm pretty close. I didn't order anything overly spicy -- it didn't actually say chili or curry, it had bell peppers and not spicy peppers -- but I couldn't eat it anyway. I enjoyed the new experience, anyway.) And I spent a few hours doing a food drive with the Boy Scouts, so that was something to feel good about.

All in all, a good weekend. But right now, I'm sitting here with a bit of a tickle in my throat and I'm getting a little uneasy about things like Christmas shopping and decorating and writing cards and baking cookies and cooking and planning and

I think I'm going to go lay down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See you need to start your Christmas shopping in October like I did. Then now all of it would be done except for the odd gifts that pop up and the stocking stuffers, like candy. All of Will's gifts are even wrapped up. And some of the Christmas decorations are already out...(wintery ones) On sunday the tree goes up. Then I can relax with the decorations too!!!
Amber