Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love is the title of a book I just read. I enjoyed it more than I expected I would.

I was actually resistant to reading it at first, but the book kept popping up, so I finally gave in. It's the memoir of a girl in her thirties who went through a nasty divorce and then decided to travel to Italy, India, and Indonesia in order to heal from her problems.

Italy was the "Eat" section, India was the "Pray" section, and Indonesia (actually, it was Bali,) was the "Love" section.

The book had a lot about meditation and connecting with God, which was interesting. It was all about her experience, and that was less helpful because she is a much different person than I am in many ways.

Anyway, I liked it well enough. I know, I'm damning it with faint praise...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow it? I have heard great things about it!

Ellen

Sue said...

Hi Ellen!
You can definitely borrow it, and then we can have a cup of tea and discuss it!

Unknown said...

Can I borrow it next?

Mom

Sue said...

Yes, Mom.

We might need to have a book club.
Does anyone know how to run a book club?

Anonymous said...

Where is all the talk about Mac and Cheese gone to? All this book stuff is kind of bringing me down man!! I don't like to hafta think or read or nothing man. This ain't no Oprah, yo! lol!
Amber

Sue said...

We can talk about mac and cheese tomorrow. I got on the scale today. That's probably what I'll talk about tomorrow. BAH.

Preeti Shenoy said...

Sounds interesting.One more book to my 'to read' list.
I agree with you completely on good manners (in your previous post)
I found this interesting to read.

Sue said...

PS -- the link about manners was very interesting...I find that I was lax in teaching my own children manners, although I did try to instill a philosophy of kindness and being nice to others. I wish I could go back and teach them the rules a bit more clearly at an earlier age. I have to try to teach it now, and they are way less teachable right now!

Anonymous said...

You must have taught your kids manners. They are both polite and kind. Maybe not to you, but you are their Mother and they aren't supposed to be polite and nice to you!!! LOL!
Amber

Sue said...

Hey Amber -- How's it going?
I think they are usually, basically, polite and kind. But I really didn't stress enough the need to approach people pleasantly and shake hands, I didn't teach them how to make polite conversation when they need to, and I didn't teach them how to be gracious when accepting gifts. That's something that I thought they were too young to learn at the time, but now I think they needed to learn it at an early time so that by now they'd be better at it.

Anonymous said...

It is going. That's about it.
Amber