Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Too much is happening at one time!

Hi all.
What a busy week!!! My head is spinning. It was spinning a little anyway, I've been having a lot of headaches lately... But it's really spinning now with everything going on.

Frankie is working on his Boy Scout Eagle project. The Eagle project is the last big test of skill before you can become an Eagle Scout, which is the top rank in Boy Scouts.

His project is to do a toy drive for Goryeb Children's Hospital, where he stayed for all those months. (For those of you new to my life story, you can read about it on the !Frankie Report blog archives. He has Crohn's disease, and his gut had some serious problems that kept him hospitalized for a long time. The Frankie Report blog was passed over to him, I stopped writing it when I started writing this blog. He NEVER updates it. I guess that's because it was my blog ABOUT him, not his blog.)

So we're knee-deep in toys now, because of the Eagle Project Toy Drive. He's been working hard, and he's getting a lot of stuff. People have been so generous -- thank you all so much!

Meanwhile, Nicky has finally decided to start studying for his final exams, which are tomorrow. In my opinion he left too much to do for the last minute. But we'll find out. I told him if he gets a D on his final exam for history he will be significantly punished. My idea is that from now on, he will be grounded everyday from about 4 to 6, at which time he will be studying -- whether he has homework or not.

Besides that, Frankie is packing to go on a ski trip tomorrow. He doesn't need to take finals. He did, however, need my help on his laundry, and he had me go with him food shopping. Not because he needed my help with the food shopping -- more because he wanted me to pay!

While he is on the ski trip, tomorrow, Nick and I will be packing up for a camping trip. We'll be in cabins so it won't be tough at all. I'm looking forward to it, but there's a lot of work and planning to be done that I haven't put any thought into at all!

That leaves husband Thor home alone all weekend. (Poor thing.) He'll be relaxing on the couch the whole time. Of course, I'll be pretty relaxed once I get camping. I love camping. It's so beautiful!

Anyway, that's what's going on for the next few days. So I'll check back in after the weekend, probably with more pictures than you care to look at. Have a good weekend

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what are some of the more memorable items did he end up getting??? When does he bring it to the hospital???
Bunnt