Friday, January 04, 2008

Back in Aftercare!

Well, I've decided to go back to aftercare for a little while, as a sub. The kids were thrilled to see me, and I must admit, I was really happy to see them too. They are great little people. Although they can really be a drain on my energy, too... some have no control of themselves. Maybe it's because they are tired after a whole day in school. They act up a bit. The hardest part is trying to let them work off a little steam and at the same time keeping them in control enough so that they don't do anything outside the bounds of appropriate behavior.

One good thing about going back to aftercare is that it gives me additional material for my other blog, which I just started during the holidays. It's called Creation Place, and you can find it by looking at my profile -- it's the other blog listed.

Creation Place is about doing fun craft activities. Mostly the little kid kind of crafts that I really like doing. Or sometimes, crafts that you shouldn't do with the kids, but that won't be considered high class "art" projects by any means. Stress relieving art projects!

I'm not an artist per se, but in the eyes of the little kids in after care, I'm quite amazing! And there is so much to be said for doing crafts with your kids. Even though there are a million craft blogs out there, I decided to add my own. Who knows, it might make me a few bucks. You will notice that I have an ad on my new blog. If I get any traffic -- if people click on the ad -- I might make some money. However, don't go over there and start clicking like crazy for no reason. That would be unfair and wrong, and against the rules. (But... if you are INTERESTED in the ad, that's another story!)

But, back to the aftercare. I figure a little extra cash won't hurt after the holidays, and so there you go. I did miss it a bit anyway.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh yee of so much spare time......
What.....you're gonna run your self ragged....
Full time job, two kids, husband, house, ....oh did I mention a life time dedicated to Boy Scouts....
so you take a second job...are you trying to make me look bad.
...OK...now that I ranted....good luck and have fun with it. and maybe I'll see you next Christmas...he he

Anonymous said...

I might have to come and "play" crafts with you! Mine are getting a little old for the craft thing too!

Ellen

Raghu Ram Prasad said...

You are quite intersted in creation...well and keep it up. and i will waite for your new blog

Preeti Shenoy said...

Happy new year Sue!
I love working with kids and yes--I know how exhausting (yet fun!) it can be.
I'm really interested in fun craft activites and shall surely check it out.

Ankit said...

Well i always wanted to work for somehing of that sort its just that never got enough time or opportunity.