Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Migraines for many reasons

Good afternoon, all. How are you today?

It's almost 2 in the afternoon, and I'm much better now, thank you. I went to work this morning (I go to work much too early) but really couldn't make it. I had woken up this morning feeling dizzy and queasy and I really didn't want to wake up, but I figured I ALWAYS feel miserable when I first wake up. 5 AM is obscene. So I got up and tried (rather unsuccessfully) to get dressed, and I went to work.

But I was still dizzy and bleary and feeling a bit hot and cold, and my co-workers looked at me and said, "Leave. Now. We don't want to catch it." So I did.

When I got home, I fell back asleep and slept until 11 -- and woke up with a headache still in place. So I actually took the durned migraine pills that I should have taken to begin with. The pills have now nicely taken effect (or is that affect?) and I am feeling better.

As I started to feel better, I started to go through my mail, to just throw away the junk mail that has been piling up. I let junk mail pile up because I believe in sifting through it before I throw it away, but it isn't anything that has to be done right NOW. Then, after a while, just looking at the junk mail begins to cause a pain in my head, because sifting through it becomes a major job.

Sifting through the junk mail I found a junk magazine, with information on blogging... and the lady in the magazine recommended a book for bloggers entitled "No one cares what you had for lunch: 100 ideas for your blog."

Wait, no one cares what I had for lunch??? I thought you cared??? (Left over macaroni and cheese from yesterday. Not the Kraft kind, but the velveeta and shells kind, with the squeeze pack of processed cheese rather than the powder of bright orange in the Kraft package. Mind you, I like the Kraft kind as well.)

Sitting here, before the mail sifting started, (and also before I could handle lunch,) I have been experiencing some kind of anxiety for no apparent reason. I feel stressed out and I have no idea why. Maybe because I'm not in work, although I did TRY to go. Maybe it's a side effect (or affect?) of the headache in the first place. Maybe it's hormones.

Maybe this isn't something I'm supposed to be blogging about. If no one cares about what I had for lunch, does anyone care why I'm feeling anxious? On the other hand, my blog has ALWAYS been boring... why should I stop being boring now?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well I care about your lunch. And I am impressed. The velveeta cheez is sooo much more classier than the kraft cheeez. I too like both. I am not able to afford either but I hate the un named variety!!! just gotta wait for a good sale!!! or i just steal it from mom and dad! lol!!! i make it from scratch when i am ambitious. that is even cheaper, cause we always have the macaroni, butter, flour and milk on hand all I need is cheese. and that isn't all that much. Then i make a whole lot and eat it for a day or 2 sometimes longer if i make enough. haven't made homemade in a bit. maybe this weekend. did make some of the kraft powdered cheez the other day for the kid. he likes it better than the homemade. see now, no one cares about your lunch, i bet no one cares more about my mac and cheese habits! lol!!! but i bet they will still read it!!! And see how much I can write about nothing. Scary.
bunny

Anonymous said...

oh yeah this was about migraines not lunch... hope you are feeling better!!!
bunny

Punam said...

You are just being yourself, and that's how it should be, no pretentions, no false claims ... just yourself. For people who you matter, your blog will not bore them. :-) Hope ur migraine is gone now.

Beth said...

Wow....settle down....now what's this about macaroni and cheese....I only like the Kraft original with the creamy cheese sauce in the packet....
Oh no this is about anxiety...well I NEVER get ANXIOUS
he he he
Yesterday I was home alone....well that never happens and I felt someone was watching me....paranoia.......I think not....
Take the meds and go back to sleep and don't go through junk mail....it gives me a headache when I'm not already sick.

Anonymous said...

Bunny is making me hungry.

I think a need a fondue. A Gruyere and Emmenthaler blend with a little dry white wine would be nice. Throw in a little garlic and flour - umm where's the crusty bread?

Dr. Phil says fondue relieves anxiety.

Love,
Thor a.k.a. Metro1

PS - should I stop at Shoprite on the way home tonight?

Anonymous said...

Where's the duck?