Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ok, back to the mac and cheese...

... and assorted other high fat carbs.

What should I make for dinner tonight?

Actually, Mac and cheese might be the answer. Although the kids really don't like it as much as I do for some reason. What are they, CRAZY? That Kraft stuff can really ruin you for a good real mac and cheese.

I hate trying to figure out what to make for dinner when it's only 6 AM. I can't even figure out what's for breakfast this early.

Although, actually, the answer to what's for breakfast is animal crackers. I have a huge bag of animal crackers in work. EVERYONE in work has a huge bag of animal crackers. They are quite a simple breakfast, but they are getting a little boring.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thor's Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps

1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
1 (1-pound) package sliced bacon
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick. Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture. Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken wrap on rack in broiler pan. Bake 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

Beth said...

So when is Thor coming to my house to cook?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe Thor!


GEM

Anonymous said...

Thor ... Very nice recipe!!
Bunny

Sue said...

OK, hold on right there. WHO is GEM?

Amber? Sandi? Bunny?
Beth?
Ellen?
Mom?

It's kinda funny. I have only a few readers, but if you're counting multiple personalities, there are many more people here!

Sue said...

Oh yeah -- just to let everyone know. That wasn't what Thor made when I got home. I had the wrong kind of chicken -- they were the thin sliced breasts, not chunky enough to cube the way he wanted. So instead, he made Chicken in a light sauce of butter/wine/capers.

Quite impressive, eh? He gets extra points for doing dishes, too.

Anonymous said...

I am not GEM... I am Bunny, Amber, Misty or Sandi. The dinner sounded lovely.

Anonymous said...

you can call me a diamond in the rough!

Gem

Sue said...

OK, I got it now!

How was the race?

Anonymous said...

Great --- 5 years running No Tears!