Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Black and White Swans

 

We just got back from Chadwick Island, which sounds very New England-ish but is actually an island off the cost of Jersey... one of the barrier islands between Point Pleasant and Seaside. We stayed with Frank's family, and it was very nice.

The Island has an ocean side and a bay side. The house was on a lagoon on the bay side. At the end of the street there was a beautiful view of the bay. It's surprising how natural the area still is, especially considering how many people are there using it every single day. The houses are jammed next to each other, the traffic is a line that goes on and on... but even so, the bay has a very natural area that seems to be in very good shape... at least from our view across the bay.

One surprising thing that we saw were swans. And the most surpising thing of all about the swans was the black swan.

I tried to get a good photo, but couldn't get anything better than this. Even so, isn't it lovely?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Beth said...

I absolutely love the black swan.
I've never seen one before.

Anonymous said...

Chadwick Beach, just a slice of heaven.

but there is traffic, as you noted.

someday go into the bay on a kayak, you'll see tons more nature not visible from land.

don, chadwick resident.

Sue said...

Beth -- I know, Black Swans, who knew?

Don -- Thanks for stopping in! It totally amazed me that someone from Chadwick would find my blog... I would love to do the kayak thing (if my seasickness will allow it, anyway!)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!