Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The email from Aunt Diane

Yesterday morning Bill had a major heart attack. I got him right to the hospital. They gave him a clot buster and nitro. It began to ease his pain and to stabilize him. They also said if we were any later he probably would have died.

They sent him by ambulance to another hospital where the cardiac surgeon was. They put a stent in him right away and a machine clamp on one of his artery to help with the blood flow. He will be in the hospital until at least Friday. It was nice to know that the hospital was one of the top 100 in the country in cardiac care.

Despite telling my children they did not have to come out, they both did. I didn't realize how much their support would mean to me. My brother also came, and again it really helped me a lot. I felt so grateful.

I made phone calls to ask for prayer for Bill and for me. The response was overwhelming. People called friends, relatives and many other prayer groups began to pray. I could feel the prayers just as I felt them when I had chemo. It truly is an awesome experience.

I am not worried. Whatever happens I trust it will be what's best. I expect that Bill will recover, but will have to make some changes in his life style.

I called the nurse's station this morning. He's doing well. He didn't get much sleep. I can just imagine. A hospital isn't the easiest place to sleep.

It was a long, difficult, never ending day, but when I think back on it I realize all the things that went right. There are no words to express how grateful I am.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support.

Please pass this on to anyone I didn't send it to. I don't have everyone's address that I'd like to notify.

God is good all the time.
All the time God is good.

Diane

1 comment:

Rayne said...

My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. I hope and pray all goes well.
I will keep your family in my prayers.