Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Weather

I'm feeling under the weather. Which is NOT to say I feel ill. I feel pressed down by the weather, a huge rainy cloud is over our town and its making me sleepy. I feel like I'm moving through syrup, and my head is groggy. Even though I went to bed a little early last night.

I hate this feeling. I feel so much lighter and springier on the days when the sun is out. I feel more energized. I hate dragging.

On the good side, I hear it should be a nice weekend, so that gives me something to look forward to. I'm going on my first actual "backpacking" trip this weekend. If it was going to pour, I would NOT have been too happy. So far, though, so good. The weather should be cooperating, and it should be a great trip.

Backpacking is a whole different story from the other camping I do. Normally, I'm never far from my car. In this case, we will be 3.5 miles from the car. So we can't just run back to the car if we need something.

I have to balance being completely prepared for everything with not carrying more than I can handle. So I'll be glad to leave pouring rain out of the equation. And hopefully it will be warm, so I won't be carrying too many extra clothes or a sleeping bag.

As sleepy as I am, I am really looking forward to relaxing this weekend at the lake!

4 comments:

Rayne said...

It has been pouring and pouring here for days and days. It's supposed to be the same today. Normally, I absolutely adore rainy days, but this is even too much for me. I feel weighed down, too.
Your backpacking trip sounds wonderful! I hope you have good weather for it and take some photos to show us.

Yolanda said...

Don't we all feel this way sometime. Hope you are better soon.

Anonymous said...

It gets cold at night, I think I would take the sleeping bag if I were you.

Mom

Sue said...

It's still raining here too, which makes me think the sleeping bag could be a good idea -- but it's too much to carry. Hopefully the sun will come out like it's supposed to. And I am bringing a jacket and a fleece blanket, that should be enough (I hope.)

I plan on taking photos -- but if the pack is too heavy, the camera might be one of the first things to go! At least I'll have my cell phone, but the photos on that are really poor quality. We'll see!