Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hi again

Long time, no post!

Sorry about that.

Lately, I haven't had much to say. I haven't felt too well for the past few days, so that hasn't helped. I have a head cold and my whole brain is foggy.

That's the only way I can explain the ghost ...

Yesterday, I took some cold medicine -- no more than usual, nothing new -- and fell asleep on the couch after I took the kids to school. (I hardly EVER go back to sleep in the morning.)

While I was laying there, I had the strongest sensation that I was not alone. I didn't think I was sleeping, exactly, but I wasn't really able to move. Then, I felt the back of the couch shift -- exactly like it does when one of the kids looks over the back of the couch (it's not against a wall or anything). I thought to myself -- NO ONE IS HOME. I was freaked out, because I was certain that someone was looking over the back of the couch at me... but still, I couldn't move. I felt paralyzed. I couldn't look around to see what was there. Then, the back of the couch felt like it shifted back to normal, and I could "hear" someone moving away through the dining room. It wasn't exactly like hearing footsteps, but like the movement of a person through space, more like a whisper from their clothes or something...

I laid there pretty freaked out for a while, but I was still unable to move. My mind kept going over what happened, and I wanted to get up, but it took a while for me to be able to make myself move.

I didn't have any sense that I needed to be afraid. So I guess if it's a ghost, it's a pretty friendly one. And I've lived here my whole life, with no ill effects, so I guess any ghosts who live here with me don't have a problem with me...

When I told Mom about it, yesterday afternoon, she said that the same thing had happened to her when she lived here and I was a baby.

What do you think? Paranormal experience, or too much cold medicine?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue-

On one hand I think your sharing a little too much - your candor is starting to frighten your husband. Mainly because you sound like a wack-a-doo! :-)) (bearded emoticon)

On the other hand, you didn't tell all the story. What about the electronic voices ?

Maybe you are a wack-a-doo, or at least a half a nut. (Both are scientific terms). But I know this not to be true. You're an intelligent, well meaning, good hearted person with a head cold.

For a pragmatic skeptic like me, the explanation is obvious.

It could be summed up this way - IT'S A DREAM. Its as simple as that. Most dreams occur right before we wake up.

Love
Thor

PS - Tell your husband not to be so scared. So what if the world knows you have your own ghost. :-))

(Actually its a goateed emoticon).

Sue said...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, (Thor), than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Maybe I was sensing an event/person in a parallel universe, something which we both know HAS BEEN PROVEN...

8~} (an emoticon with me still wearing my glasses.)

Or, yeah... maybe a dream...

Sue said...

Oh, yeah. About the electronic voices that he refers to.

I finally woke up, and was able to move, and I was a little... on edge?
And the phone rang.

(Mind you, we have NEVER signed up for caller ID.)

And the phone said, in a ladylike electronic voice, "Call from Colonia Hsss. Call from Colonia Hsss."

Apparently, even though we never asked for caller ID, someone at the phone company has decided to give it to us anyway; and apparently, our phone system has an electronic voice to TELL you who is calling. (The HSSS was actually just HS, which stands for High School.)

So I didn't think THAT was a ghost, but it made me jump about a foot when it happened.

Anonymous said...

That's It.....I'm never coming to your house again....
and forget ever sleeping on that couch.
I must say though for all the years I've known you and the million times I've been to your house I've never felt and odd presences.
I do not think you are a wack a doo but if any of my friends were to receive a visit from the other side it would be you, definitely. ; - @ (emoticon screaming). Do I have to come Friday?,,,,now I'm scared. but its just as scary staying home....OK I'll come. See you Friday
Beth

Preeti Shenoy said...

Laughed when i read Beth's comment.My aunt too has reported something like that.She swears it is true.Who knows what it is.Have you read any of Brian Weiss's books?(have read all and I found them interesting--it was a nice approach to death and life after death)Makes u think.
And If i had got that phone call I'd have probably run out of the house.

Rayne said...

This is cool. Maybe the 'ghost' was checking on you, to see if you are all right?
I think you would know if it were a dream or not, wouldn't you?
I mean I'm sure this isn't the first time you've taken cold medicine and I'm sure, like the rest of us, you've had vivid dreams before.
If nothing else, I would have an open mind about it.
Oh, I forgot to ask. how are you feeling? Seems like everyone is coming down with the creeping crude lately.

Anonymous said...

I've had the same type of dream and so has your grandmother. Maybe it's hereditary.

Mom

Anonymous said...

ok...stop drinking sangria so early in the day. That could help....next do not mix sangria with cold medicine....and third, come and speak with my medium friend...not to be confused with my large or small friend... but my medium friend, Arlene....she can tell you who it is, if it is anyone.
Love your evil sister....