Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year 2007!!!

In the words of Frank, as he did a shot of Jagermeister,

"Here's to 2007, because 2006 really sucked."

It was a really hard year for a lot of people, not just us. But everything going forward looks new and shiny and optimistic and happy and clean... for us, anyway.

My resolutions for the new year...
Well, I don't usually write them down because then somebody might hold me to them. But maybe that's what I need to do. So:
1. Write more.
2. Not necessarily diet, because I don't like to make resolutions that I know right from the start won't happen; but maybe I can resolve to drink more water, eat a bit less junk, and try to exercise more.
3. Be nicer.
4. Try harder.
5. Worry less.
(I think I am biting off a bit more than I can chew, but it's worth the effort to TRY to keep these resolutions.)

Today is a day of rest for me... I've had two parties in two days here at our house, and I have worked my BUTT off trying to be sure everything was ready. I think both parties went reasonably well. Everyone seemed to basically enjoy themselves. There seemed to be enough food, although I'm still not good at timing food or judging quantities of food. The house was clean enough and looked decent. So I did the best I could.

I'm done with parties for a little while now. It's time to hibernate, I hope.

2 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

I dont know about resolution number 2,3,4 and 5, but I am definitely going to hold you down to no.1!! :-)Happy New year,Sue.Wising you and your family,health,happiness,togetherness and lots of laughter.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue...I don't think you could get any nicer....
Beth