Saturday, May 10, 2008

Crud.

My house is so gross. I need to clean it today, big time. There is crud and dust balls and clutter everywhere. I'm not looking forward to it. I'd way rather play with the computer. Can you tell? I'm posting about cleaning instead of actually doing it.

Frank has been really good about taking care of the house lately, what with me at work. But he's not home. I don't really like to clean when he's here, anyway. I don't know why.

Frankie asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, and I told him he should clean up for me. He didn't like that idea. Not one bit. He's more inclined to buy something, I think.

This morning, Frankie had to get up at 6:30 for work. I felt bad for him, but it really aggravated me that he had his radio set to go off at 6:30 AM and left it blasting for at least a few songs while he lay there. I didn't have to get up, but I think he wanted me to. But I'm not that good of a mother. HE needs to get up at 6:30, but that doesn't mean that I do! I'm very proud of him choosing to work this job, though. He's doing construction... a man's job for my little boy. Right now it's only Saturdays, but in the summer he'll start working more.

Nick, on the other hand, really needs to get a job somewhere, but he's only 15 so I'm not pushing it. He used to scoop Italian Ice, but I don't think he wants to do that this year. We'll see.

Anyway, I've stalled long enough. Time to get to work....

4 comments:

Punam said...

And you must be one proud mom, aren't you?

Rayne said...

Katy, my youngest, is absolutely the hardest person in the world to wake up. She used to let her alarm beep-beep-beep forever until one of us would go in there and shut it off and wake her up ourselves. Now she shuts it off really quick and then goes right back to sleep.
How is Frankie enjoying the construction job? Does he like the work?

Sue said...

I have good moments and bad moments with my kids. I worry alot. They say I shouldn't, but it's hard not to.

Frankie loves construction, not so much the physical labor of it -- he's very small for his age because of the Crohn's (which is in remission, more or less, so that is why he has the energy for it at all) -- but he likes putting things together. I think there is a lot of joking around on the construction site as well, but I know the boss and the other workers, so I'm not worried about a bad influence. I know some construction guys can be real party people, but that's not with this group.

Anonymous said...

"Frankie asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, and I told him he should clean up for me. He didn't like that idea. Not one bit. He's more inclined to buy something, I think."

I laughed out loud when I read this. It sounds so familiar. It wasn't too much for you to ask.
In my mind's eye, I see you wanting to wake up on Mother's Day with a clean house and a single rose on a breakfast-in-bed tray.
(It beats getting a new garden hose from Costco, but I'm pretty sure Frankie wouldn't do that).