Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mothers Day to my Mama

This is my Mama...
 

... she is a wonderful mama and grandma, and I hope she has a very nice day today.

Some of the things you should know about her:
She is a very determined person. When she sets her mind to something, she gets it done. She can accomplish anything. She is also very intelligent. She loves to read and she likes to play on the computer. She's pretty technologically savvy -- not something everyone in her generation has accomplished.

Mom is very artistic. She has always been a very artsy craftsy person. When we were kids, she made a lot of our clothes -- and I always liked them. She also made a lot of dolls clothes for us to play with.

Mom always made holidays magical. I remember one Christmas, she decorated the whole house to look like a candy shop. I also remember her taking every single book out of the huge bookcase we had on an entire wall in the living room, and creating a "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" diorama. She made our halloween costumes. She made eggs like the ukrainians, with hot wax and dark dyes, and others like faberge eggs, with lace and pearls. She made chocolate eggs of fudge and icing, and she made hollow sugar eggs with icing ornaments. She made toys. She could make anything.

Lately, Mom has been into scrap-booking. She makes beautiful photo albums and journals, some for herself and some as gifts for us and other people in the family. She is the family historian.

Mom loves gardening -- at least she did before she lived in the middle of hungry deer territory. And she is an optimist -- she still gets flashes of hope, in spite of the deer, gardening in spite of the fact that everything gets eaten. She's even done water gardening, buying a plastic pond and rearranging it year after year with plants and fish.

Mom loves travel. She's gone all over the United States. She still camps, at least she camped with us last summer... She signed up to be a Girl Scout leader when I was a kid, and went camping without a clue in the world about "HOW" to camp. And then, she got my Dad to camp. And then, they did a night of backpacking on the Applachian Trail.

My Mom is very clean and neat, although she has tons of STUFF, she's always organizing it and she keeps everything in order and dust free.

My Mom has listened to me complain about everything under the sun, and basically just listened and not criticized. She gives me good advice, even when I don't want to hear it. She is always sensible and usually right.

My Mom is a very loving, caring mother and grandmother, and I think she's wonderful.
Happy Mother's Day, MOM!!!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Punam said...

Sue,
Moms are always wonderful, aren't they? We would not have been what we are, had moms not been there in our lives...

pink dogwood said...

Your mom is very beautiful - happy mothers day to both of you :)

Rayne said...

What a beautiful tribute you have written for a truly beautiful woman.

Sue said...

Thanks, all... I hope she likes it when she reads it : )
SUE

Anonymous said...

Wow! I didn't know how wonderful I am! Thanks Sue, that was beautiful.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow your Mom sounds pretty good...but my Mom is better than your Mom.
Amber

Sue said...

:)

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have a mom like that, who cares and listens. She looks very content with herself and her life. I'm sure she is just as proud of you.