Monday, May 05, 2008

Feliz Cinco de Mayo


glitter-graphics.com

In the spirit of Hallmark Holidays everywhere, I wish everyone a happy Cinco de Mayo, which I assumed was a holiday made up by Corona Beer and Tequila distributors.

I learn something new every day, though. I said "Happy Cinco de Mayo" to the french teacher in school.

Turns out Cinco de Mayo celebrates Mexico's defeat of French armies, or something. She wasn't celebrating, although she was very nice about it.

Who knew? It's a real holiday, which I am completely ignorant about.

3 comments:

Rayne said...

This is so funny! Sounds like something I would do.

altermyworld said...

This completely cracked me up. hahahhahaha you are too funny.
WHO KNEW???
ANg

Anonymous said...

Come on now...you didn't know it was real.....????