Sunday, August 17, 2008

CHACHA

Frankie goes on the message boards for Pearl Jam all the time, and he heard about this new thing called ChaCha over there, and he's been having a great time playing with it ever since. It's a text messaging thing. If you have a question -- any question -- and you text it to ChaCha, the people at ChaCha will do their best to get you an answer.

When I say "do their best," I mean that assuming there IS an answer, they do the research on the web and send it back. Of course, some of his questions didn't really have answers. His first question was "What is my name?" which of COURSE they couldn't answer. But so far they have given him answers to sports trivia, random questions like when a store opens, and they have even texted him jokes and things. It's getting to the point where any question that comes up becomes a text to ChaCha.

Which is fine with me, because he has unlimited text messaging and they are free except for text message costs.


It's a whole new world out there, isn't it? I feel so old sometimes.

Click here if you want more info about it, or you can text message your question to 242242.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

frankie is easily amused.
but hell, chacha beats getting
a college education, so why not?
who says the world isn't
getting more productive?
answers used to be on the tip
of the tongue, but clearly
it's moved to the finger tips.

Sue said...

:)
OMG I laughed when I read your comment!

Anonymous said...

Hmm. People should e-mail me questions. I would gladly give them answers. You've been to my blog, Sue. Surely, you know the types of answers I would offer.

P.S. I subscribed to your blog, too.